The rumours are true – the party is back! But not the deathly version from 2012. The 20 bars set up along the river have now been seriously reduced. Most of the bars are still in business but now they rotate so that no more than 4 bars are open per day. The games have also reverted back to good old beer pong and the bar managers are slightly more responsible. But has this helped? We went to go see for ourselves
Tubing Party Tips
- Have a pre-drink for the start – the drinks range between 20 000 & 25 000 Kip at the bars.
- Wear boat shoes – slops will float away and barefoot dancing on broken glass isn’t ideal.
- Leave town between 11:30 and 1pm – that’s when the bars will have the best vibe.
- Clothes will get wet – just FYI. Pack a dry bag for phones and wallets etc.
- Go to Sakura Bar and ask the barmen which day to go – they know which bars are open on which days so they will be able to recommend the best party!
Sakura Bar – FREE drinks from 7pm to 8pm
Viva Pub – FREE drinks from 10pm to 11pm
Best Party Hostels
The number one hostel has to be Nana Backpackers hostel. It is one of the craziest yet best hostels I have ever stayed! I also has a pool, and free vodka and whisky in the evenings
And if Nanas is full, then you still have the following, which still offer a great experience:
Chillao Youth Hostel – cheap private rooms here, which are nice. Dorms however are questionable!
Spicy Laos Hostel
Real Vang Vieng Backpackers Hostel 2 (Avoid 1)